Sunday, December 13, 2015

ARRL 10m contest 2015

Well the band conditions continue their steady decline but luckily just enough propagation kept My time participating fun. I did experience some strange propagation with especially East coast stations.I was listening South for Caribbean and South American stations but occasionally a station from out East could be heard.Pointing My 10m Yagi East actually caused most of the East coast stations to totally disappear. I soon learned during this contest to just try a contact no matter the direction.
I did get on at the start of the contest Friday but except for some CW, I heard nothing in the voice segments. Saturday was better but just barely.I also had limited time till late afternoon but by then the bands were very quiet. Sunday was more of the same although I did notice some of the strongest stations CQing in My face and weaker stations hearing Me. A very mixed bag of propagation this Year. Less than 100 Q's but also less BIC time--oh well. Each contest is fun no matter the result.
73--Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment