Monday, April 16, 2012

Used Heliax connectors

I bought these L44PW-P1 connectors from RF Parts. The top picture shows 3 of the 4 connectors as delivered with the coax stub still attached. The bottom picture shows after disassembly and cleaning. I've reused many styles of connectors over the years and have had good luck . I reinstalled this connector on a old piece of heliax and have since brought it into the shack and also attached to My mini-tower. After temporarily attaching a small 7 element 432/70cm Yagi on a fixed mast and connecting a coax jumper to the heliax run I was ready to test. Using a MFJ-269 showed acceptable SWR at 432.1 and also at 446 for FM simplex use. I still need to arrange testing with another Ham. Next I'll  be installing a heavy duty permanent mast and Rotor.
  73---Tim
 

No comments:

Post a Comment