Friday, April 6, 2012

60m listening

  Many evenings I find Myself in the Ham shack listening to various bands-- I usually try to find a net or happen on a good QSO, and have it in the background while reading emails, blogging and browsing. Tonight  like many nights the bands aren't real busy and I just happened to switch to 60m. I found my inverted "L" works well on 60m and tonight is no exception. Nice signals from around the USA and the noise level is low. A little "chicken band" type chatter but also some real nice QSO's. Don't forget about this little gem of the Ham bands. You might be pleasantly surprised.
  Recently received an order from DX Engineering for some stainless steel mounting clamps for My antenna project and today ordered 4 used Heliax connectors from RF Parts which i should have next week. I'm putting up a Yagi for 432 but not sure how well it'll play considering it resonates at 456! I tried to add to the driven element to bring it lower but so far haven't had much luck. Not done experimenting yet!
    In addition to 432 ,I will also try to add My tri-bander to this mast although I am wondering about the size-- its huge!! Would be real nice to have the aluminum in the air for HF !
  Have a blessed Good Friday and a Happy Easter.
  73---Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment