Friday, November 25, 2011

Wallpaper and more

Imagine My surprise receiving this certificate in the mail today. I always enjoy "wallpaper" and the satisfaction I feel having "placed" in a contest. I don't believe My score was exceptional and I  remember the band conditions were terrible so this Just proves the "always participate" motto because you never know who isn't!
  Last weekend was ARRL sweepstakes and I had planned to operate but it was not to be. Too bad because it did sound like most operators had a blast. Maybe next year! I am planning on a try at the upcoming ARRL 10m contest several weekends from now. Appears I need to defend My crown--LOL
  My antennas for 10m are a ground mounted vertical, a old CB ground plane at about 25 feet and a G5RV jr. and 100w max! Not a contest grade setup but 10m has been very actice so it should be fun. For a little station like mine-Friday night is a very tuff go. Sunday is typically better when all stations are hungary for the last contact! In the past when conditions were in the doldrums, this contest for Me was monitoring most of the weekend hoping to catch that rare opening. Don't think that will be a problem this year!
hope to hear you on the bands!!
 73---Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment