Wednesday, September 7, 2011

WAS


 From a  post from several weeks ago I mentioned I had applied for a Basic WAS certificate from the ARRL. I received this in the mail Tuesday and will display it in the shack. I guess I consider Myself a paper chaser in that its fun receiving a surprise in the mail but I'm not competitive to the point of foolishness! No thirty-six  hours during a contest for Me- so I'll never be a contender.
  This is the basic version so its for both SSB and RTTY with the last state of Wyoming snagged in the July RTTY contest. Still amazes Me it was Wyoming as the last state. Needed this one since last year- sat at fourty-nine for some time.
  I have only fourty-nine confirmed with LOTW for DXCC but have a total of eighty DXCC's including the unconfirmed. I'm hoping this contest season will give many more countries/entities!
 That's all for now--hope everyone had a safe,fun,enjoyable Labor Day!
       73--Tim

1 comment: