Sunday, September 18, 2011

Random Thoughts.

Above is a nice halloween picture at Disney World compliments of AllEarsNet Disney Blog ( maybe They took it from someone else's blog-don't know) . My family likes halloween and Disney puts on a very good Halloween Party from what I hear! Maybe some Year a family vacation will be in order! :))
  The bands seemed to be hopping this weekend with 10 & 15m open both days. I did take the time to answer a CQ from CO6LC - Oreluis from Cuba on 15m .He was booming in here and gave the standard 5 by 9 signal report. I also heard CO6LE from Cuba on 10m but didn't have time to attempt the pile up. Heard many stations from all over North and South America,Cook Islands, Montenegro and many more. Signals were loud but I just didn't have enough time to play!
  During a SSB contest last spring I contacted VP5H and they happened to record the entire contest to a digital recorder and posted the audio files to the W0AA website. The Guys operating VP5H also happen to be MWA members like Myself so My Audio file is on the site. Really neat to hear what I sound like to the other end. I saved the file to My PC so I can listen to it in the future.
  A local 10m net will be starting soon and the band is full of DX-- love this hobby!!
 73--Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment