Thursday, August 4, 2011

2/3 Summer gone!!

Hard to believe how fast Summer is flying by. The weather has been scorching hot- OK its hot for Northern Minnesotans. My family has been busy helping My Mother move from Her house of 44 years to a townhouse with only one level--no stairs!! My Father built the house when I was 8 years old, so lots of sadness with selling, but in this economy I think we're grateful it sold!!!
I worked on My nephews tuner and it appeared the chassis PL-259's were not making good contact so I added retaining nuts,sprayed the controls and tightened several of the switches. I hooked it up to My Yaesu and it seemed to perform nicely!
Upon returning his tuner , He gave Me a Radio Shack HTX-252 2m FM mobile with no Transmit out. I have verified no output but haven't had any more chance to troubleshoot it.
Thats about it for Ham radio related stuff--
73---Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment