Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Summer has arrived!!

This is another picture from Our Disney trip. Can you spot the hidden Mickey??
Well the nice summer weather finally arrived after many weeks of fog and rain. Now its a race to keep the grass and weeds at bay! It sure is growing fast!! I don't mind mowing but it does bite into My time and limits most hobby activities. Ham radio and metal detecting are almost non exsistant. Typical for this time of the year!
I was very busy with activities this weekend and had zero time to even check out the local field day activities. I heard of two different operations in the area- both within ten miles of My home QTH!! I guess 6m was open both days!
I worked a long day yesterday- 7am-11 pm taking care of trouble on the System( communications). Driving around later in the evening, I was able to pass driving time chatting with several locals on 146.52. I've always been very lucky that the activity in this area is so busy on several repeaters and simplex frequencies. A visitor to 146.52 mentioned the lack of activity traveling around the Midwest on '52. I salute My fellow area Hams!!-- Thanks for the many daily QSO's
73---Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment