Monday, January 5, 2015

ARRL RTTY RU 2014


I spent some time before the contest getting the hardware,software and logging program ready so at 1800 UTC I was ready to go. I started on 10m but the amount of activity was small so moved to 15m. Here the activity was just enough to keep me interested as I tuned up the band.Eventually I moved to 20m where there was a good amount of activity. Lots of 4s and 7s and an occasional DX station too.
Around Supper time I moved to 40m and was pleasantly surprised to have some DX hear Me- I don't often add any DX on 40m so this was a pleasant surprise!Italy,Aruba,Belguim and Spain were added to the log.Eventually i tried 80m but it was very noisy and I only added a couple to the log before calling it a night.
The next morning outside was -20F with a stiff wind so I only did minimal outside activities and spent more time contesting.The bands again seemed to be favoring 15 and 20m so I spent the majority of My time tuning around there with an occasional jump to 40 or 10m.I did call it early- My ears were ringing with "diddles" and I had put in about 8 hours total time in the contest already between Saturday and Sunday. This is actually a big chunk of time and decided to show My face to My family !
Checking statisics from N1MM I had an average of 30.6 QSO's an hour with one 120 QSO hour and a 66 per hour! Not bad considering I was only doing an S&P operation.
My total QSo count was an even 250 with 47 sections and 12 DXCC's for a total of 14,750 points. This contest is always a good time and I really like RTTY contests. Managed to add Panama to confirmed DXCC's for a total now of 117 and 1 contact on 20 and 40m for a total of 49 towards My 5 band WAS.Fun!!
73---Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment