Monday, December 29, 2014

RAC Winter contest 2014


I missed this contest last Year so I really wanted to participate this year. We had plans to be out of town this weekend for the Holiday celebration with My relatives so I only had Friday evening to try and get some contacts in the log.I also needed to pack bags and handle other chores before leaving early Saturday morning so ,yes very limited,-oh well!
I did start at 0000 UTC and quickly realized most activity was on 20m and some on 40m. Hardly any on 15 and 10m although periodically I did dial thru 15m and managed to snag the lone VE I heard on the band.Twenty meters had the most activity but thru the evening did make contacts on 40 and 80m also. I was not too chosy this yearand had 2 point QSO's with both Domestic calls and several DX I heard participating. Course the Canadian calls were the ones i mostly wanted.Previous Years I had alot of fun chasing the special RAC stations but with limited time this year only contacted the few I ran across by chance.
Conditions on 160,80 and 40m were noisy for Me, so I preferred to S&P up and down 20m looking for new ones.Having very little time, I tried to not try to break pile ups but instead grab the "lonly" ones. Only managed about 30 QSO's but at least was able to participate. Next Year it is on December 19th so I maybe can devote more time.
73--tim

No comments:

Post a Comment