Thursday, July 24, 2014

A Turtle and other happenings.

On a recent walk with Our Dog on the main road in front of Our House,I happened to see a turtle trying to cross the road. Traffic can be very busy so I decided to "help" the turtle cross. This ended up being not too easy since Bella- Our very curious Dog decided to help! Well We did eventually make it to the other side and I was very happy to have a break in Cars while We attempted this operation. The turtle wandered off towards the little stream running thru Our property and I felt good about saving a turtle.I felt even better when I later identified it as a Wood Turtle which according to the Minnesota DNR website is considered threatened.
Summer appears to have finally happened in northern Minnesota and along with it the many thunderstorms that accompany the hot,humid weather. Several severe storms has passed thru the area and We have been lucky with no damage. My Job with Communications has been busy with lightning damage but thats a Yearly summer event!
Our three chickens have been laying eggs again after the long Winter and after seeing many predators on several game cameras , We have kept then in the two chicken runs and not free ranging without standing guard. The birds actually seem to enjoy the company.
I have not been in the radio shack much although i have tried to participate in some 6m openings when I can. Last weekend I listened for VHF activity for the Wordwide VHF contest but heard nothing.I had also set up the radio to participate in the CQ RTTY contest but ran out of time and energy but did read several email comments about conditions being s0-so.Maybe didn't miss too much but,dang I do like those RTTY contests!!
73---Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment