Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Discontinued!!

Its always a sad day when a beloved radio is officially discontinued! I remember My horror when My -at the time- dream radio the Kenwood Ts-850 was discontinued. That happened before I had even purchased one. I eventually bought a used one years later and loved it but eventually sold it and bought My present radio a Yaesu Ft-950.
Just so happens in watching My blog i noticed recently more activity on my "Updating Software on the Ft-950 "page so out of curiosity I did a web search to see if My radio was at the latest and greatest. One of the many sites in the search was "Universal Radio" so out of curiosity , checking on the price of a new Ft-950, I clicked on the link and there on the left was the hated words--"discontinued" and replace by the New FT DX 1200!! WHAT!! That can't be! Too soon. I've only owned this radio for about three years.
Sad too say it does appear to be discontinued although repairs will go on until parts availibility become a problem. A truly nice radio I firmly believe still had some "life". Obviously Yaesu has there reasons.My radio still works good except for a bad CAT port so no changout planned for awhile!Probably also means no more software updates!
73 for now!
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment