Sunday, July 7, 2013

13 Colonies special event 2013

This is the Certificate for contacting even one of the 13 Colony stations or the WM3PEN station. The website is at http://www.13colonies.info/ and it has all the QSL and certificate info required.One contact or a sweep makes You eligible for this certificate.
 
I participated in this event last Year and had a blast so I decided to try My luck again this Year.The band conditions I thought we're poor compared to last year. Occasionally towards the end of the weekend the bands went long which gave us states away from the East Coast an advantage. Luckily I was chasing several stations during these times and was able to break some big pile ups.
  Last year I only managed 12 colonies and missed the WM3PEN station. This year I made a 13 colony sweep and snagged the WM3PEN station at 23:24 UTC Sunday. This event was supposed to be over at 0400 UTC on the 7th but was extended to 0100 UTC on the 8th!. I would have had the Colony sweep but not the WM3PEN contact.
  The operators were all first rate and I only had one QSO which had great diffuculty with My call. Sure hope He copied it correctly. I know how it is when certain letters are stuck on the brain!! All in all it was very fun and will probably participte next year. I will be sending for the certificate because not only is it well done but the whole event deserves My support!
  73---Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment