Friday, June 28, 2013

Summer Busy Time

So far I've not had much time to operate, other than Fied Day and several occasional contacts. Speaking of Field Day, I was able to spend some time giving out contacts as a 1D station. I made less than 50 contacts but it was fun  anyway and had several interesting QSO's. One surprised Me by giving a 29A class-29A??. I questioned this and they confirmed it.Wow! Later I saw a video on YouTube  showing the operation of W3AO thru the years. Interesting-some years they had many more than 29 transmitters-incredible!! YouTube is a great resource to see what other Hams and clubs are doing around the World.Many of these are Hams I've worked so its extra cool.
 I've also attempted to participate in the local area 144.240 SSb net on wednesday nights at 8:00 CST but Summer conditions have made it tough. Too many leaves maybe? Oh well maybe this Winter I'll have better luck.
 I also finally did some QSL paperwork by filling out requests I received in March from the Bureau and sending them out to the ARRL outgoing bureau. I'm part of the "slow" people complain about when using the bureau-LOL
  Thats about it for now- its raining outside-again-- jeez,enough already. Although it could be worse- temperatures here have been moderate although the bugs are really bad. Summer!
  73--Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment