Saturday, June 15, 2013

June VHF contest and other happenings

I did a very part time effort during the 2013 ARRL June VHF contest and managed to miss the small openings-oh well. Saturday was only some locals on 2 and 6m and no contacts on 432 which surprised Me. My 6m antenna selection is limited to antennas not cut for 6m-- a vertical,10m yagi and a G5RV. The G5RV ended up being the antenna of choice- it tunes well and reception is better although I didn't have any real openings while I was listening. I think I did miss some propagation Sunday morning but I was at Church. My score was very low with only several 6m distance contacts but while I was on was fun.
  A less fun time the week before was attending a funeral for Russ -KC9MEO. We have known each other thru Ham Radio, chatting during local nets and 2m FM and SSB. He also was on HF and I heard Him making contacts ,vying for the same DX as Me--fun!He could fix anything mechanical and electrical and will be missed by all . 73s Russ!

thats all for now-- Summer has finally arrived in the Northland and projects are sprouting outside- LOL
73---Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment