Friday, March 29, 2013

Zero Bureau Cards

This week I received QSL cards from the Zero Bureau. It is a nice surprise. I had contacted the Zero Bureau last Summer and started the process of using the Bureau both for incoming cards and contacted the ARRL outgoing bureau for sending cards. I received this shipment of about 20 QSL's and I was surprised to see most were from the year 2009, with 2010 and a few from 2011. Wow-four years! I've always heard its a slow endevour and now here's the proof! I'm not complaining because to receive these cards thru snail mail separately would be very expensive and most Hams probably wouldn't even bother.
  Most of these cards also are marked for a return QSL card so I'll be sending QSL cards to the outgoing bureau soon. I've also been trying to keep track of paper QSL's sent and received by marking the QSO in Ham Radio Delux logging program.Not keeping track would be very confusing in short order. I don't forsee a huge amount of cards passing thru My shack but its great to finally see this movement!
  73---Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment