Sunday, October 2, 2011

Contest DXCC Confirmed!

 Every Contest I participate in I hope to add more DXCC entities and the CQ WW RTTY contest from last weekend was no exception.Conditions were great and the only limiting factor was My lack of BIC ( but in chair) or as I like to call it-- "barely in chair" --LOL! Fortunately I was able to snag some contacts with not only new DXCC 's but LOTW participants. Several Countries I've logged many times but eventually this contest I logged stations who happened to be LOTW also!
  According to My general logging program I now have 86 unconfirmed and LOTW shows 58 confirmed DXCC's. Several just happened to  be added from several DXpeditions I chased-- Cameroon ( TJ9PF) and Revillagigedo ( 4A4A) along with the Contest additions of Czech  Republic,Columbia,Hungary,Italy,Northern Ireland,Norway,Saint Kitts & Nevis,Scotland ,Slovenia and Wales. Many of these show multiple times in My logs over the years but they were not LOTW members and since I don't actively pursue them I receive no credit towards any DXCC award. I suppose I need to eventually use a Buro service or try direct QSL but  for now I patiently watch as the confirmations slowly increase!
  73--Tim
 Entire contest used Ground mounted Butternut Vertical except for 75m -- used My big dipole! All at 50w!

No comments:

Post a Comment