Thursday, December 17, 2009

Teacher said to pay attention....

I tend to try to multi-task which means listening to the radio and browsing the internet, checking emails or benchwork. A good DX pile up is fun to listen to and somewhere during the free for all I'll usually try My turn at a QSO. This particular Night I was listening to KH6TE from the Hawaiian islands work a good sized pile up. He was a 5/9 signal on 20m and commented on being able to continue long past sundown! Eventually I finished what I was doing and heard him "QRZ?" and no takers so I threw out My call. Imagine My surprise when He came right back and gave Me a 5/5 signal report!

After the ARRL 10m contest My confidence in My Butternut Vertical had fallen and that was the antenna I was on. I honestly did not expect to hear My call answered and proceeded to stumble and basically sound like a real "newbie". The operator at KH6TE, Daryl was very professional and probably couldn't wait to proceed to the newt QSO ,but didn't show it. After completion I felt very foolish and promised Myself to pay more attention and always expect a reply to My calls.

I sent a request for a QSL card today! I'm not proud!!

No comments:

Post a Comment