Tuesday, February 6, 2024

MInnesota QSO Party 2024

 I had not planned to participate in this contest, but My schedule ended up being open, so I did participate for a short time. This contest starts at 8:00 am CST and ends at 6:00Pm. I have never operated the full 10 hours but usually lots longer than this year. 

 My first band was 80m and that ended up not being very productive, so I switched to 40m and this band produced QSOs up and down the band. I also checked 15 and 10m but was not much activity. The 20m band would have been a good choice if I wanted to try running but I was in and out of the shack too much, so I stayed mostly on 40m. 

  I usually have more contacts during this contest but since I only devoted short intervals to operating, I ended up with just over 50 contacts, majority on 40m. This contest also made me aware of some antenna issues on 80m which I have repaired and now both my vertical and dipole are tuning nicely.

73---Tim


No comments:

Post a Comment