Wednesday, November 24, 2021

ARRL sweepstakes SSB 2021

 This contest started Saturday at 3 pm CST and would end at 9 pm CST Sunday. I never plan for that much chair time -usually 8 hrs or less and this contest was no different. I did attempt to operate early morning-about 5 am on Sunday but was disappointed to find My inverted "L" antenna was not working. My big dipole tuned up okay but the noise level was high but I did manage some contacts on 75m before switching to 40m.

 I was little disappointed to never hear any activity on 10m but luckily 15m had several openings which My vertical ground mounted HF6V performed very well. It also played nice on 40m so between 15 and 40m this is where most of My contacts happened. I've usually found 20m to have a lot of activity but this also seems to be the band with the high powered stations so my little 100w has a difficult time being heard.

 This contest has a long exchange which can be difficult to complete but it also makes it an interesting challenge. One station out west was having a tough time completing my call but then replied the full call of mine with the statement " N0UJJ -thought I should know that call" so we have worked several contests before.--nice!  I also slipped in to work W1AW through a medium pile up.

 I am satisfied with the result for time committed to this contest- 108 QSOs,49 sections for a total of 10,584. Fun time -now I need to fix one antenna and find the adapter for My Heil microphone which I didn't use during this contest.

73--Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment